Data protection noticeWelcome to the Reed Expositions France Internet Sites.
Since 1996, Reed Expositions France, member of the Reed Exhibitions group, have offered Internet services and secure Websites (hereinafter called "the Sites") which are easy to use and respectful of their users' rights.
We undertake to respect the privacy of users of these Sites. We have consequently prepared this Data Protection Notice to explain the nature of the information gathered on the various Sites when you visit them, and the ways in which it may be used.
Reed Expositions France consider their clients to be:
- Visitors to exhibitions open to the trade and the general public, - Exhibitors at exhibitions open to the trade and the general public, - Conference participants, - Any person requesting information, - Conference speakers, - The press, - Any other person or organization with which Reed Expositions France communicate or have business dealings.
2. COLLECTION AND USE OF DATA
Reed Expositions France identifies two types of information supplied by their clients. These types of information and the way in which they are processed are described below:
- Information associated with payments, which is obtained during registration procedures (e.g. credit card numbers, names of financial institutions and credit card expiry dates, listed by way of example but not of limitation) is classed as "Financial Information". This type of information is never disclosed under any circumstances.
- Data supplied by clients to Reed Expositions France by various communication methods is classed as "Business Information". This information is stored and processed for internal use. Business Information includes names, addresses, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail addresses and answers to surveys and forms. The data registered during a client's visit to an Internet Site maintained by Reed Expositions France or by a client of those companies, is also classed as Business Information, and may be stored for internal use. With the agreement of Reed Expositions France, Business Information may be shared with other organizations or clients of Reed Expositions France to facilitate business dealings between clients in the best interests of clients of Reed Expositions France.
Right to access, rectify or object to the data
The contact information of registered visitors is incorporated in the Reed Expositions France database. It is used by our internal departments to promote our products, and may be leased to our clients and business partners. The method of collecting and using this information complies with European and French laws (“Data protection” Act 78-17 dated 01/06/ 1978, "Trust in Digital Economy" Act 2004-575 dated 06/21/2004 and Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council dated 10/24/1995 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data).
In accordance with the Data Protection Act, you have the right to access, rectify or object to the data relating to you. If you wish to exercise that right, please contact us either by mail at Reed Expositions France – Reed Data, 52-54, quai de Dion-Bouton CS 80001 92806, Puteaux cedex, France, or by e-mail at email@example.com
In addition, some types of non-personal data may be registered as a result of the operating mode of the Reed Expositions France servers. The data in question may relate to your type of browser or operating system, which are used to improve your Web surfing, or your IP address.
3. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The Sites managed by Reed Expositions France use a secure server to protect your financial and business data. To the extent that these Sites offer secure server software, it is used to encrypt the information exchanged between your Web browser and our Internet Sites. This measure ensures the security of your business and financial transactions when you use the Sites. We follow strict security procedures when filing and using the information you supply, and may request proof of your identity before supplying you with business information. We take all reasonable steps to guarantee the secrecy of your personal data and passwords, and cannot be held liable in the event of fraudulent use of your passwords.
Cookies are small information files that a Website can send to the hard disk of a personal computer for traceability reasons. They are not executable programs, and cannot contain viruses or applications. The cookies used are very small, and only take up a minimal amount of space on your hard disk.
You can always prevent cookies from being recorded on your computer by using the options provided by your browser. However, if you do so, some parts of the Site may not operate as well as they should.
6. ON-LINE COMPETITIONS
The Sites managed by Reed Expositions France may offer on-line competitions, possibly in partnership with other organizations or Internet sites. In this case, we must ask you to comply with the general terms of participation applicable to the competition you wish to take part in.
Your participation in the competition requires your acceptance of the participation terms; if we are informed that your participation does not comply with the general terms of the competition (e.g. age limit), we cannot recognize your participation or allocate prizes to you in the event of a win.
The Sites managed by Reed Expositions France are regularly monitored in order to supply you with the best service and to meet your expectations. For this purpose, we consult the statistics relating to use of our Sites and develop the Sites on the basis of this data. User statistics are anonymous.
8. AMENDMENTS TO THIS NOTICE
Reed Expositions France reserve the right to modify or, in general, to update this notice at any time without prior notice. You should therefore consult it regularly.